Monday, November 14, 2011

The gift of love

My style of drawing is changing again. I never know what's coming next. But it's fun living in the  mystery.

**********

I looked forward to Christmas as a child. It was one of the few times we were given gifts. In my child-like thinking, the gifts represented being loved, which was something I didn't feel often while growing up.

I brought my child-like thinking into my adulthood. I can't tell you how many times over the years that I felt let down at Christmas because I measured love that way. Sometimes I would feel like I didn't give enough to someone to show my love for them or the reverse. Either way, I would go into a little depression when the holidays were over. It took me a long time to figure out my depression came from that lonely little girl who didn't feel loved growing up.

Fifteen years ago, I made a committment to work on healing my old wounded areas. One the many miracles that happened as a result is I no longer have an attachment to gifts. I still enjoy buying gifts for others, but I don't make myself crazy trying to find the perfect one. Whether I get gifts or not, isn't important. Christmas is about celebrating with people I love.

*********


My creative space/dining room table. Pippi oversees my work. She thinks she's the boss.

********


"I am loved"