Sunday, November 27, 2011

Girlfriends rock...

I hope my art brings a smile to your heart.

***********

I've come to appreciate my women friends more than I ever have. But I had to do a lot of work on myself in this area. As a child, I never trusted or felt safe with my mom so I grew up with a distorted belief about women. Though I always had friends, I doubt my heart was open with them.

 Also over the years, I've had relationships with girlfriends and ended up getting hurt. That just re-enforced my old thinking "women can't be trusted". The first thing I had to look at was myself. Did I trust myself to make good choices or was I ignoring the red flags, just like I once did with men? Learning to trust myself and my choices, then opening my heart to taking risks, changed my belief system. I'm grateful for the women in my life, regardless of how big or small a part they play. 

Girlfriends rock...

Do you trust women?  If not, start by taking a new risk, opening your heart with someone safe. We've all been hurt at one time or another, but don't let it discourage you. God bless...

********

 Even the birds seek companionship. Taken at Venice beach.

*******


"I can trust myself to make good decisions"