Friday, November 4, 2011

Moving forward




One of my goals this week has been to re-organize drawers and closets, In doing so, I find bits and pieces of my past (things like my old journals; recording years of joy, pain and sorrow). I also come across old paperwork belonging to my mom and daughter Jody, both who have passed on. It stirs up a mixture of grief and gratitude. I welcome both feelings equally because my grief allows me to heal and move forward, and gratitude brings me peace.

In order to make room for new, I have to let go of my yesterdays. There's a show on TV (that I don't watch, by the way) called "Hoarders" that features people who fill their homes with so much stuff that there's no space for them to live comfortably. For whatever reason, they don't let go of their old belongings and keep accumulating more. It's the same for us. If I hang on to the past, never making peace with it, I would be a hoarder too. Carrying around my "yesterdays" would weigh my life down, not leaving room for my happiness.

                                                                        *************
                                                              My daughter, Jody

************

"What I hold dear, shall alway remains in my heart"