Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Less is more

See the dragonflies in the background?

*******

I don't know about your clothes closet, but mine's a mess. Too many things (of course, I never feel like I have anything to wear). It's difficult to make choices when everything's squeezed so tightly together. So I'm cleaning out my closet, letting go of jeans that won't go over my butt anymore and outdated shirts that are so tight, they make me look like I'm all boobs.

After a good cleaning, I feel great. More space to breathe. Clutter overwhelms me. There's a saying "less is more". Took me awhile to get what that meant. Abundance isn't about having more, it's about being content with less. That's my goal today. How do you define abundance?

********

Taken last year. I've yet to get my first dragonfly snapshot for this year. The little guys must be slugging down energy drinks or I'm getting slower.

*******

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us...
  - Joseph Campbell

********


"I have enough. I am enough"

********