Monday, November 7, 2011

Taking new risks

Another new design

I have to dig deep to find my inner strength and courage, at times. For a large part of my life, I avoided taking risks to play it safe. But playing it safe won't help you reach your goals. There's a voice in my head (a wounded part of me) that wants to keep me small, insecure and stuck. I've learned not to trust every thought that crosses my mind because the critical thoughts aren't true.

My parents didn't believe in using praise as a way of building a child's self esteem. Instead, they would be to quick to tell us what we did wrong. My mom confused "feeling good about oneself" as "bragging". She knew how to use her words to knock the "good" feeling out of you. I'm not sharing this because I have bad feelings about my parents. I know they did their best. But I need to be honest with myself. Many of the ways they parented me weren't good. But I'm committed to undoing the damage and living large.

**********

I love using the macro tool on my camera

*********


"I challenge myself to take new risks every day "