Sunday, December 11, 2011

A purpose-filled life

 I like cutting out little things like the bird you see, adding them to my artwork. It reminds me of playing with paper dolls and color forms, when I was little.

********

As a young woman, my image of an ideal life was a white picket fence, marrying Prince Charming, and living happily ever after. But I've never had a white picket fence. There was NOTHING charming about my first husband, Ray. And because I was unhappy with me, how was to live "happily ever after"?

Is it crazy to be grateful my wishes didn't come true?

My hunger today is for spirituality, not unrealistic fairy tale stories I read as a child. In fact, the more flawed my life is, the more substance it has. I confess, my longing is to know God and myself deeper, and do service work. I'll call them my "soul wishes.

Can you hearing your soul calling? Listen carefully to the whisper...

******


                                                    Taken at Five Senses Park yesterday.

****

Maturity, struggle, and suffering awakens meaning. Wisdom comes with age. Struggle builds spiritual muscles. Suffering gives us the ability to be compassionate.
 written by Me

                                ********

"My truest desire is a purpose-filled life"