Sunday, February 26, 2012

The secret to happiness

Taken near Venice beach.

******

You are what you believe...your life is what you think it is...in other words, our thoughts create our reality. If you think negative, you'll be a magnet for problems. If your outlook is positive, you'll attract good fortune.

Sounds simple, right? So why would we chose to think negative? 

For me, negative thinking began in childhood. I had a lot of fears as a little girl, as well as, trust issues. Over time, I developed a negative way of thinking.

 I've worked hard to break these old patterns of thinking. It takes time and patience. You learn to ignore the chattering ego/mind and replace the bad thoughts with good ones.

I heard someone say yesterday that they wish they knew the secret to being happy. Well, the secret is this...change your thoughts...it will change your life...the happiness is within your reach.

******

Another one of new drawings. I'm enjoying using ink instead of pencil.
The only drawback is you can't erase your mistakes.

*****

The real voyage of discovery
consists not in seeing new landscapes,
but in having new eyes.

~ Marcel Proust ~


"I am free"