Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Connecting with nature

I was excited to see so many dragonflies and butterflies on my last walk. I also saw several turtles and an alligator. It was one of those days I didn't get many photos...but I still enjoyed the inter-action with nature...not through a lens...but with my heart.

The first photo is a waterway. The other two photos capture the reflection of the trees along the waterway. It reminds me of an oil painting.

******

I've received several compliments on my photography so I want to share my secret to taking nice pictures. First of all, let me say that I'm no expert when it comes to photography and my camera cost very little. But there's three things I practice when I'm shooting:

Patience! Your timing may not be nature's timing.

No attachments; don't have any expectations of the perfect pictures. Relax and have fun!

And most importantly, make a connection with whatever you're photographing.

These three things have helped me not only with photography, but also in other areas of my life. Learning to be patient, unattached (without expectations), and fully present (no multi-tasking) are great tools for a deeper, happier life.

The sun is shining...grab your camera...off you go...a fun adventure.

*****

The purpose of life, after all,
is to live it,
to taste experience to the utmost,
to reach out eagerly and without fear
for newer and richer experience.

Eleanor Roosevelt

*****
"My heart is open to connecting deeper"