Saturday, March 17, 2012

Expressing your feelings



******

I grew up in a family where no one talked about their feelings.

Everything was swept under the rug.

It wasn't until I started on a path of recovery that I began to understand...

...that this wasn't healthy.

At first, I felt shame...

...talking about how I felt.

I wasn't used to exposing my deeper thoughts.

I feared others would judge me...

...but no one did.

Being free to talk about my emotions opened the door

...to a whole new way of life.

I will never again...

....suppress my voice.

****
I'm always inspired when I hear women's stories.
It takes great courage to be vulnerable.

******

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed
only if there is a light from within.

~ Elizabeth Kübler-Ross ~

*****
"I will honor all my feelings"