Friday, March 23, 2012

Living a creative life

Photos taken on my bike ride.
                                                
*****

Taking Hold of Life

It was here
On the waters edge that she was ready to listen
The sound of the ocean healed her
The voice from within spoke calmly
Nudging her to observe her surroundings
Soak in the beauty, the peace, the warmth

She picked up her demons
The ones who have been trailing her for to long
And tossed them far into the ocean
They have been hanging around to much lately
Dragging her through the mud kicking and screaming

She was strong enough to let go
And so she did just that
There was no grand gesture, no harsh words said
Just a simple goodbye as they splashed into the sea
And the weight from her shoulders was lifted

She was in control now
Ready to write her own story
Create her next adventure
With camera and notebook in tow she stepped forward
Into the one life that was hers, the life she was choosing to live

Jeniifer Belthoff

*****

Jennifer's poems are awakening my inner poet. I've dabbled with writing poems off and on for a few years...now I'm feeling drawn to write again. In the past, I was never one to even read poetry, but I've discovered that when poems tell a story I can identify with...pieces of my own story...I enjoy reading them a lot.

We all have creative gifts waiting to be discovered. Try new things...you will be surprised when you find out how many hidden talents you have tucked away.

******


*****
If you deliberately plan on
being less than you are capable of being,
then I warn you
that you'll be unhappy for the rest of your life.

~ Abraham H Maslow ~

*****

"Every day brings a new adventure"