Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blessings in disguise

                                                      
******

There's comes a time when we all have to surrender to change. Sometimes making a change isn't easy, but in the bigger picture, it can turn out to be a blessing. 

After several uncomfortable bouts with acid reflux, I'm ready to surrender the foods that trigger it. It means giving up some of my favorite things such as: chocolate, coffee, pasta sauce, pizza, macaroni and cheese, ice cream, popcorn...

 These have been my comfort foods for most of my life, but I'm going to trust that making this change will be a gift, not only for my health, but in my spiritual life too. How often do I use comfort food to avoid my feelings? I don't know, but I guess I'll find out.

My commitment for today is a diet that work for my needs. Fortunately, I love to eat healthy...

*****


*****

What lies behind us
and what lies before us
Are tiny matters compared to
What lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

****

We must be willing to get rid of
the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
The old skin has to be shed
before the new one can come.

Joesph Campbell

 ****

"I am willing to change"