Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The gift of forgiveness


*****

Some things I've learned about forgiveness


 I suffer more than anyone when I hold a grudge...

The ego thrives on pride and rigidness...

A soft compassionate heart feels soothing...


I can't forgive until I feel my feelings...
If I gloss over my hurt, disappointment, pain...
I won't be able to move on.

 
If I haven't forgiven someone, there's a question I need to ask.

"Where am I still holding judgement against myself"?

My ability to forgive depends on how peaceful I am with my own mistakes.

****

A new drawing!

****

My prayer for today:

God show me the places where I still hold judgement.

Help me to be more loving and forgiving...

To have compassion and understanding...

To heal my heart, my hurts, my disappointments...

Releasing the past so I may experience the joy of freedom.

****

"The quality of my life depends on my ability to forgive. All is forgiven!"