Saturday, July 14, 2012

Bits of wisdom

I was lucky to get a picture of a young grasshopper and the adult. Do you see her watching me?

“Some of the best lessons we ever learn,
we learn from our mistakes and failures.
The error of the past is the wisdom of the future.”

Tryon Edwards

*****

Important lessons I've learned through my mistakes:
Success is the art of living simple - along with a whole lot of gratitude.
Carrying the belief that “life is hard” will only create more of what I don’t want.
Putting my own needs first is not being “selfish”.
Being impulsive and reacting to my first thought is not usually a good idea.
I can banish the critical voice in my head by changing my self-talk.
People don’t need me to rescue them.
Grief is only temporary unless I try to avoid it.
Acceptance of my imperfect self and my imperfect life brings me peace.

*****


“The truth is that our finest moments are most likely
to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable,
unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments,
propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step
out of our ruts and start searching for different ways
or truer answers.

Scott Peck
****

"Making mistakes is part of my process"