Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The impostor


Who is the impostor?
The impostor is someone has lost their own identity.

The impostor smiles even when they feel angry inside...
they fake excitement when they feel disappointment...
they say "yes" when they want to say"no".

As children, they lost their "wonder child"...
to become who they thought others would approve of...
in a desperate need...
for love and acceptance. 

In adulthood...
they are still separated...
 from their own needs...
 continuing this pattern throughout their life.

This subject is close to my heart, having grown up in a home where love was scarce. I became
 a "good little girl" to get approval and to avoid consequences. I paid a BIG price for becoming
that "good little girl" my parents wanted me to be. I disconnected from my authentic self.
I lost my ability to trust my feelings. I lost confidence in who I was. I didn't feel safe if I felt
 someones disapproval. It's not been an easy road back to finding the pieces of myself I left behind. I'm still working at it...expect I always will be.

*****


In my own struggles and in my own darkness, 
I have found bits of gold that have changed me...

Terri St. Cloud

****


"I will be all that God created me to be"