Friday, November 9, 2012

Finding peace


 
On my walk this morning, after listening for a few minutes to all the negative conversations
in my head, I decided to ask myself the question “can you accept this moment just as it is?”
At first, I felt a lot of resistance to this question…reasons why I couldn’t accept this and that.
But I persistently asked myself the same question over and over “can I accept this moment
 just as it is?” until I felt my resistance weaken.
What followed were tiny moments of being present.
As my mind got quieter, my new focus became my surroundings; feeling the cool welcoming
breeze as I walked, seeing the silhouette of the trees against the sky, enjoying splashes of colorful blossoms among the weeds, the steady rhythm of traffic…
Each time a story aroused in my mind, I would ask myself "can you accept this moment?"

Example: it looked like I might caught in a rain shower on my walk, so I said to myself 
"can you accept this moment?...so what if it rainswhat does that mean…it means nothing…
can I accept walking in the rain...yes, I can accept it".

Needless to say, it did rain a bit on my walk. But it felt peaceful and cleansing...
*****


Whenever you can deeply accept this moment as it is... 
you are at peace.

Eckhart Tolle

****

 
"I can trust what life brings me"