Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Being unique

 
The older I get, the less I desire to "fit in" and be like everyone else.
I feel compelled to search for more of "ME".
I'm hungry for uniqueness rather than the ordinary.
I'm weary of chasing acceptance.
I need only to approve of myself.
I'm inviting in "more" instead of settling for less.
I'm not looking to play it safe.
Instead, I want to explore uncharted territory.
  As a woman, I cry to know my own yearnings.
Wanting passion, purpose, and faith more than...
 approval, material things, or success.
I desire only true contentment...serenity.
What is my heart calling me to do next?
I'm not sure.
It's still a mystery.
Are you up for an adventure?
Why don't you come along with me?
 
*****
 
 
I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error,
by risking, by giving, by losing...
 
Anais Nin
 
****
 
"There is no one I'd rather be than me"