Saturday, December 1, 2012

Building spiritual muscles

 
 
I can remember the many times I have slid into the trenches, then crawled back out.
Maybe you can relate...times where life threw you a curve ball, knocking you in the head.
 
Boy, it's sure not fun when that happens, but.. 
 
 I've grown each time I've fallen.
It's helped me to become stronger, more confident.
It's been a huge factor in building spiritual muscles...
learning to have complete faith in God.
 
And I've learned something valuable about myself which is this; 

There is nothing that can ever keep me down for long.
I may fall, but now I know for sure,
I will get back up...
I will always get back up. 
 
We all get challenged in some way or another (illness, loss,...) in our lives.
We can use these challenges to open our hearts or to close them,
to become more compassionate or become bitter.
We can look for the gifts in the experience...
or we can complain and feel victimized.

It's your choice. Only you make can make it so chose wisely!!!
 
*****
 

Pain by itself is merely pain,
but the experience of pain coupled with an understanding
that the pain serves a worthy purpose is suffering.
Suffering can be endured because there is a reason for it that is worth the effort.
What is more worthy of your pain than the evolution of your soul?

~ Gary Zukav - from "Seat Of The Soul"
 
*****
 

"I see my challenges as life lessons"