Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Reaching our highest potential

I don't know where my son was at when this was photo was taken, but what a view...

 ****
 
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine...
 
Marianne Williamson

******

I've read this many times over the years... It helped me to recognize my fears. Not just
 fear of failure, but fear of success. This comes from unworthiness...being afraid others wouldn't like me...having been taught in childhood that feeling good about yourself was bragging...something to be ashamed of... so I kept quiet about my achievements...let others shine brighter. I've been working on this for awhile with success. I still have more work to do but I have finally given up settling for living small.
 
We all have the potential to do great things; God doesn't play favorites. But we have to
believe in ourselves first...
 
******
 
 
Listen to your heart above all other voices."
 
~ Marta Kagan
****
 
"I believe in myself"