Saturday, December 22, 2012

Sharing with others

 
For years, I suffered quietly from low self-esteem, loneliness, hopelessness... I put on a false mask of happiness...ashamed to show others I was hurting.

I know I'm not the only one...

I believe there are more people suffering in silence than not. If you're one of those people, talk to someone about it...don't suffer alone...sharing will help you.

We all need a comforting shoulder to lean on sometimes...being too self-sufficient only isolates you...keeps you stuck. You may tell yourself that others don't care, but they do.
 
For me, it was shame that held me back from talking about my feelings. I was taught as child to keep my feelings to myself...no one wanted to hear them...to just suck it up. That message was damaging. It's not the way I do things anymore...sharing my pain is therapeutic...necessary for my well-being and yours too.

Reach out...let someone help you...sometimes the hardest thing
we have to do is also the right thing we need to do...find the courage, practice good self-care, put an end to suffering in silence.
 
****
 
 
“I am lonely, yet not everybody will do.
I don't know why,
some people fill the gaps
and others emphasize my loneliness...

― Anais Nin
 
*****
 
 
"The world is a safe and loving place"