Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Having faith

 
I had a few dragons to slay (things to overcome) this past year. When I chose "FREEDOM" as my goal back in January 2012, I knew I would be faced with the very things that were blocking my freedom, mostly fear...fear of many things.

I knew the only way I could overcome some of these fears was to lean into it...to face them...to cease struggling, resisting, or denying them. 
 
Though the process of surrendering to fear instead of running from it was difficult at times, it helped strengthen my faith...my faith in life.
 
What I learned this past year was this; I will not run from fear anymore. Facing fear was very freeing. What an interesting journey 2012 took me on....
 
*****
 
 
Many of our fears are tissue-paper-thin,
and a single courageous step would carry
us clear through them. 
 
~Brendan Francis

****
 
"There are no obstacles too big to overcome"