Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Living from the soul


I believe we are all born with a purpose in life.
I used to think my purpose was to have a perfect life:
a perfect job, husband, children, house....,
because as a child,
I was conditioned to believe that was the goal.

I spent a lot of years buying into this belief.
I had long periods of time where...
 I had everything I thought was suppose to bring happiness,
but couldn't escape the aching, empty, unfulfilled place in me...
 that longer for something more.
I had a lot of wonderful years where I should have had contentment and peace,
but I didn't.

Today I am fulfilling my purpose.
As a result, I feel a deep sense of peace and joy...
because I am connected to what feels really true for me.
I listen to my gut and follow where it leads me.
It leads me further and further away from...
 the fairy tale story I once bought into.
 
*****