Monday, July 27, 2015

Beautiful possibilities

A homeless man taking an afternoon nap in the park...

We lie to ourselves because...
we're afraid truth will mean change...
and change will mean loss...
and loss will mean loneliness...
and loneliness will mean pain.


Pain is a feeling we try to avoid...
so we give our power to fear...

and live in a box called "prison".

Perhaps the real journey begins...
 when we free ourselves...
 of fear, pain, and loneliness..
by facing and healing our...
 deeply-seeded abandonment issues. 

And imagine that on the flip side of fear...
is a life more beautiful than...
 we've could have ever dreamt possible.

****

3 comments:

  1. Truth does mean change. It means doing what feels right for me, standing up for myself when something doesn't feel right, not allowing people to shame me and punish me for stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with me, it means speaking my truth about what I believe even if I'm standing alone. It all sounds great, and it is, but also terribly scary. There is a fear of loss in there. Most of it is made up in my head however, because the people I think are going to leave probably aren't, and the ones that do are probably supposed to. That is very easy to say, but trusting and believing that fully is something I'm finding to be challenging. What I do know is this..I will not allow myself to live in the prison of fear, it doesn't get to run my life and the truth will win..I do know this. I will walk through my fear no matter who it pisses off along the way. This is my life and I've sold myself short for far too long. A part of me feels unworthy of happiness and good and success but I will heal that part of me and I'll heal all the other parts too because I'm never giving up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it better! Right on, Chas!! I could feel your fight in your words and it gives me hope and inspiration so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are loved more than you know, but your fear of being loved may be as great as your fear of loss... Walk it out!!! FYI- this is for Chas and you too, Lori....

    ReplyDelete