Monday, June 25, 2012

A crystal in the sand


Years ago, during a very difficult time in my life, I went to a place I always go to for comfort
 and clarity: I took a walk on the beach.
 
It was a cool, rainy day, and the clouds above hung so low I felt I could reach out and touch them.
 As I slogged through the sand, I thought about my life and the challenges I faced. With each step
 I felt the weight of anxiety that traveled with me. Then, I noticed something shiny sticking out
of the sand.

I reached down and pulled out a smooth, clear crystal with the word “lucky” lettered in silver.
 It stopped me in my tracks. A crystal in the sand polished by the sea? With the word lucky on it? Really? I wondered about the chances of finding such an extraordinary gift. I actually looked
around expecting to see an angel.

That day I made a decision to form a powerful, new belief: I am the luckiest girl in the world.
  From that moment on, every time I saw or touched that crystal (and I carried it with me everywhere), I repeated this belief over and over in my head. It wasn’t long after that my life
started to change...  Cheryl Richardson

*****


There are infinite possibilities...

****


"I believe in miracles"