Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Feeling connected

 
Many of us were raised to not feel... to repress our natural emotions, which in turn,
 damaged us. Hiding our authentic feelings forced us to wear a mask. Eventually, we
came to believe that the false self we created, was really us. But in truth, we became
separated from who we really are.
 
If this has happened to you, begin to listen more carefully to your "inner voice". Not
the voice in your head, but a voice that comes from your spirit. Get more connected to 
yourself through journaling, sharing honestly with others, meditation, prayer, or
whatever method works for you. Recover your lost self...that's the journey...back to
who we really are...the journey home.


******
FYI- I know I said I was only going to be blogging once a week but I missed it...and you.
 For the moment, I'm still not blogging daily, maybe 2-3 times a week. Happy Holidays!
 
It's not what you call me, but what I answer to.

~ African proverb ~

*****

"I strive to be my authentic self"