Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Finding more of myself


There have been several times in my life when I felt like Humpty Dumpty falling off the wall. But every time I pieced my life back together, something remarkable shifted and changed inside of me. The powerlessness of illness, the pain of loss and sorrow, the hopelessness that suffering brings, and darkness with it's uncertainty, have all been my teachers. They taught me how to be more selfless and compassionate in healthy ways (not the co-dependent way). I learned lessons about patience, forgiveness, worthiness, self-care, and most of all, unconditional love... This gut-wrenching process was ego-deflating, lonely, and frightening, but it humbled me, healed my heart in unexpected ways, and set me free...

If you would like to join "Women Walking a Spiritual Path" on Facebook, click link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/creativehealingforwomen/