Friday, August 5, 2016

Looking back...


My garden is blossoming through the summer heat... 

lots of fresh mint, lavender, rose-scented geraniums, rosemary...


When I started my blog five years ago, I couldn't have imagined that I would still be writing it today. It has been a heart-opening experience for someone who at one time would not have shared herself so publicly. Blogging is like letting everyone read your diary. Initially, I felt extremely vulnerable. Thank goodness I never let fear or insecurity stand in my way.

Here's one of my earliest entries:

Things I've Learned
I’ve learned the world is a safe refuge
 so can stop being afraid of life.
I’ve learned we’re all doing our best 
 so I need to give people room for errs.
I’ve learned that being miracle-minded 
is simply seeing life in a new light.
I’ve learned that kind words can heal.
I’ve learned to trust the journey.