Saturday, January 7, 2017

Learning a better way


A recent trip to the Farmer's Market


I spent a big portion of my life disconnected from myself emotionally, spiritually, and physically... Today, a diet of pizza and hot dogs has become more of an occasional guilty pleasure... Spirituality has become one the biggest components to my life... And as far as physically, I listen to what my body asks of me... It loves to stretch and walk... Eight year ago, I started yoga and still practice it today... 

Don't think that these changes came easily... They didn't... I was stubborn, but now I understand that I was really just afraid of change and loss of control... It took a lot of painful life lessons to awaken the sleeping parts of myself... Years of learning to surrender my will, my rigid ideas, my unhealthy behaviors...