Thursday, October 27, 2011

Living in moderation




My lesson today is about living mindfully. How quickly I feel out of balance when I don't practice being present to my needs. There's no question that we live in a society today that is fast pace but I can't blame it on that. Having a muscle condition called "FMS" forces me to evaluate every choice I make. When I overdo it, my muscles go in to a flare-up, it then becomes difficult to sleep and I have no energy. I'm not complaining. I've had this condition for a long time and have made friends with it. 

I'm pretty sure that I've always had an addictive personality. In the past, I prided myself on being a great multi-tasker. I could shove a lot of activity into a day. I've since learned from the slogan "Easy Does It". That means slowing down and taking time to smell the roses.

My friend Alicia

*************************


Affirmations help to change old patterns of thinking by replacing it with something new.  

"I am present to my life"


*********************