Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Faith and patience

 I tried to get a better view of the butterfly, but now I'm glad I didn't get my way. I like how the camera picked up other colors like green and pink/red.

******

I remember as a child going on car trips and bugging my parents with questions like "Are we there yet? How much farther is it?" I was in a hurry...to get somewhere...most of time it was my grandparents house...I was excited to get there...but also didn't like being cooped up in the car...I still don't...I avoid road trips as much as possible.

Today I'm more patient... but can still fall in the trap of wanting things to happen faster than they're suppose to...thinking I should be somewhere I'm not ready to be...on my spiritual journey.

I had to remind myself this morning to be grateful...to have faith...reading this prayer by
Teresa of Avila helped....
                                                                               O Lord....
If I do my best, I will be victorious,
I will fly,
but not before you give me wings.
Grant me patience.

 *******

*****

The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation
but your thoughts about it.”   

Eckhard Tolle

*****

"I am exactly where I'm suppose to be"