Sunday, February 19, 2012

Things I taught myself


My mom was good at teaching me some basic life skills like managing money,
taking care of my car, homemaking, etc...but there were also things I had to teach
myself...things my mom never knew how to do.

Listening to my body...what it needs...nourishing it by eating healthy and exercising.

Asking for help...not being prideful or self-reliant...learning to trust others. 

Valuing my feelings...knowing they matter...crying is good...so is anger when it's appropriate.

Listening to my intuition...not the voice of my wounded self...differentiating between the two.

Being unique...not comparing myself to others...accepting myself just as I am.

Finding my own personal relationship with God...not a religious one...a spiritual connection.

Loving others unconditionally...no strings...no expectations...from the heart.

******

   These photos were taken at North Port Community Gardens. There were so many butterflies!

                                                                           *******

If you are humble nothing will touch you,
neither praise nor disgrace,
because you know what you are.

~ Mother Teresa ~

*****

" My deepest desire is to do what's right"