Thursday, February 23, 2012

Your purpose in lfe

I don't know the names of most of the plants I photograph, to be honest. I'm drawn to colors and textures. I look for things that make me feel something. Colors have always done that for me.

*****

We all have a purpose! It took me many years to figure out mine.
Until I did, I carried an empty lonely feeling inside me. I knew something was missing.
I ached with a longing for a deeper meaning to life...

I would ask myself "is this all there is"?

I was unaware that my longing was a soulful desire to know God
and to know myself.
Who was I? I was lost..

So I prayed; asking for direction.
I began spending more time getting to know myself.
I quit being afraid of the loneliness I felt when I was alone.
I came to enjoy the solitude.
I found a new best friend...ME.

My relationship with God today is intimate.
It is a source of joy and comfort.

So what's my purpose?

To be the best person I can, to help others selflessly,
and to be grateful for all the special moments that make up my life.

That's it!

Though I'm passionate about things like writing and art, they are not my purpose.
My interests change as I change, but our purpose never changes..

What is your purpose...do you feel empty...do you have an ache for more?

******

Since I'm such a craft enthusiast, I try most everything.
These little guys were my first attempt at working with clay.  

*******

Greet everyone you meet with a warm smile.
No matter how busy you are,
don't rush enounters with co-workers, family and friends.
Speak softly. Listen attentively.
Act as if every conversation you have
is the most important thing on your mind today.
Look your children and your partner in the eyes when they talk.. Stroke the cat, caress the dog.
Lavish love on every living being you meet.
See how different you feel at the end of the day.
  Sarah Ban Breathnach

  *****



"I have created a meaningful life"