Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Being open to guidance


On my walk yesterday, I came across two sunbathers. This fella and a big soft-shelled turtle.
I rushed home to get my camera, but the turtle was gone. Darn! They looked so cute together.

******

Whenever I see a turtle, I know it's a sign for me to slow down...it's one of the ways God gets my attention...and even though I think I'm already in the slow lane, I will trust the wisdom and accept the guidance.

 We all have animals guides that help us. If you have an interest to learn more about animal totems, you may want to look for the book "Animal Speak".

****
If a Turtle totem shows up in your life,
slow down the pace of your life.
Bigger, stronger, faster are not always the best ways to reach your goals.
Turtle is fine teacher of the art of grounding.
When you learn to ground yourself to Earth's power and strength,
you place focus on your thoughts and actions
and use the Earth's limitless energies rather than your own to accomplish your will.
 written by Lin

*****

*****

Prayer from Teresa of Avila
(Teresa of Avila was a great spiritual teacher who drew her strength from prayer)

Let nothing make me afraid.
Silence the voices
that would discourage me
from following the...road of...
My happiness will consist
not in untroubled, peaceful days,
but in the courage to follow your will
wherever it may take me.
....I will find my way.
There are risks, but if I have you...
all things are possible.

*****


"My faith is unshakable"