Tuesday, November 27, 2012

You are enough

 
My word for today is "ENOUGH".

It's taken me a long time to figure out that my core belief "I am not enough" was the driving force behind a lot of poor decision making throughout my life. Because I had low self-esteem, I pushed myself too hard. I was always trying to prove myself. But no matter what I achieved, it never quieted the critical voice in me. My unworthiness was always there to point it's gnarly finger at me.

Yuck! I was so mean to myself...

I feel differently today. My value as a human being has nothing to do with what I do for others, 
what I achieve, or how perfectly I do it. "Being enough" means feeling good about myself without all the other crazy stuff; doing too much, going too fast, buying things I don't need, overworking, overextending myself, using food to medicate my feelings....

Do you know that you are enough? Well, you are. Don't ever lose sight of this truth.
You are a wonderful human being. And you deserve the very best!!!
 
*****
 
 
 If you cannot find happiness along the road,
You will not find it at the end of the road.


~ Author Unknown ~

****
 
"I love and accept myself"