Monday, July 15, 2013

A good life



Picture yourself as woman
who has weeded out self-defeating behaviors

such as co-dependency, self-loathing, guilt....
She offers herself the same kind of love and respect

that she extends to others.
****


Not a day goes by that I don't still need to remind myself
that my life is not just what's handed to me,
nor is it my list of obligations,
my accomplishments or failures...
but rather it is what I choose,
day in and day out, to make of it all.
When I am able simply to be with things as they are,
able to accept the day's challenges without judging...
I feel as if I am...
coming a step closer to being myself.
It's when I get lost in the day's details,
or so caught up in worries about what might be,
that I miss the beauty of what is.”

Katrina Kenison

****