Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Through a vortex

 
Let me first say for those who may read this and think I'm a little nuts, I completely understand. I might be thinking that too, if it were you writing this blog.

Six months ago, I had a crazy, exciting, whirl-wind experience. The only way to describe is that I felt myself energetically being pulled through a vortex...some kind of chute...like a birthing canal....at a very fast pace. It's not the first time I've had a spiritual experience so I wasn't frightened when it was happening. It lasted about a week. In that short time, my whole life shifted drastically in a direction I could have never predicated. 

After the vortex experience was over, I was not only frightened by the new changes, but it also kicked up shame. I've spent the last six months praying, processing, doing my shame work, trying to adjust, and living with a lot of uncertainty and confusion. I lost all sense of being grounded or feeling safe. I had moments when I lost my faith.

The biggest question I would ask myself was "is this a blessing?". It was hard to see the gifts in it. But now I can honestly say, I am certain that it was the best thing that could have ever happened. Here's why; the freedom I felt as I was going through the vortex opened up a new world for me. It expanded me! My tendency is to suppress my feelings, shrink my desires, live small, and to make do with what I have. But those beliefs no longer fit the future I intend to create. I don't know what's ahead, but I know for sure it won't be resembling the past.

I don't believe the vortex experience was just a gift for me. I'm certain it's for you and for every woman who is living a diminished life so... 

Treat yourself well. 
Don't hustle for approval.
Don't suppress your feelings - speak your heart.
Don't let someone's careless words define you.
And most of all, believe in new beginnings and infinite possibilities.

*******