Monday, April 6, 2015

My cup runneth over


Blue Mountain card
 
Several years ago I was fortunate to have one of my poems published on a Blue Mountains Greeting card. A couple weeks ago I sent off a few of my new drawings (similar to my new tee shirt) and some poems. Last week I got a response. They want to test them on the market. I'm very excited...
 
For the past three years I've enjoyed sharing my feelings, my artwork, and my photography on my blog. It has a beautiful experience. But to be honest, I've never seen myself as a gifted writer or artist. Writing from my heart is easy. And my playful drawings comes from somewhere I can't explain nor can I duplicate. But my grammar isn't the best. My words aren't always eloquent. My drawings are imperfect. And my camera is a cheapie.

So what are my gifts? Great determination and a willingness to be vulnerable by sharing pieces of my life publicly...my struggles, my victories, my hurts, my joy.
 
I don't know what the future holds with Blue Mountain or anything else. I've learned to leave the results to God. For today, my heart is full. My cup runneth over....
 
******