Monday, August 10, 2015

Feeling a connection...

I'm chuckling this morning as I look back on the weekend with my partner, Jack. We both got on each other's nerves to the point that we were disagreeing over stupid things like changing a light bulb. Sometimes we resort to acting like five-year-olds trying to get their way, but there's a lightheartedness to all of it. It's taken a deep commitment and a lot of hard work (along with a little therapy) to form a comfortable, safe groove. Intimacy was not something either of us knew a lot about. It was something we had to learn. In the process of learning, we made 1,000 mistakes, meaning that we had a lot of bumpy times. The first five years were fragile. I wasn't sure if we'd make it. But here we are... 17 years later... still having our little squabbles (nothing's perfect). Thank God we both have a sense of humor and don't take ourselves too seriously...


****

Some of my favorite photos

 Jack and his granddaughter, Kayla
 Gotta love that face!
 Always reading the paper...
 and smoking his cigar
Really Jack, on your phone again?

 Jack with my sister Penny, 
and my brother-in-law Mike

Jack thought this was just a statue.
It was hilarious to watch Jack's face ...
when the guys eyes moved 


******