Wednesday, August 12, 2015

With new eyes

 I finally broke down and bought a new camera. Though I love photography, I've been using an inexpensive point-and-shoot for years. It's becoming clearer to me how I easily I can talk myself into settling for less by using stupid justifications. I'm working to break this habit. Settling for less is a worthiness issue. Time to let go more false beliefs about myself. Love my new camera...

Using my new camera is a bit more challenging because it's heavy and bulkier. It's helping me to become more mindful because I have to hold the camera still when I snap a photo. The pictures would be crisper if I used a tripod, but that feels cumbersome....


What I instantly loved are the colors the camera captures. This little tiny bug to the naked eye would have looked like nothing, but my camera found a deeper truth...


I love to look for lessons. There's no doubt that the lesson here is though we may want to judge what we see with our eyes, there is a deeper truth and it is this: there is the beauty in everything and everyone. Sometimes it may be hidden under judgement, but if we look deeper, we will see it with our hearts...