Saturday, April 16, 2022

Life may not be as simple as we think




 

If you have the belief that being the "good girl" is going to keep your life from getting messy or a hall pass to avoid your life lessons, not true. Life will always surprise us. Sometimes there are unexpected joyful surprises and other times we may find ourselves lying on the cold bathroom tile floor with our hearts broken open. I thought that if I tried to always do the right thing that I would be exempt from suffering but I've since learned that it's not so. Pain and suffering has paid me a visit many times. Through pain, I've learned to gather the gifts and do my best to surrender rather than struggle. These can be an opportunity for growth. Don't let your mind play the victim story. Dig for courage and strength. Remember: YOU CAN DO THE HARD THINGS, BRAVE ONES... And that being the "good girl" is a set-up for being someone else's doormat...