Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Don't stuff your feelings



 I used to be good at stuffing my feelings.

I learned to do it so well that I lost sight of what my true feelings were.

 I ignored, minimized or made excuses for people whose behavior impacted me negatively.

I shoved my own feelings away.

I know why I did this.

It was my need for approval and acceptance from others.

I was afraid of being alone!

I was afriad of not being loved!

I felt unworthy so I settled for less than I deserved!

I have been unkind to myself and have recently made an amends for it.
My amends to myself is that I will no longer ignore my feelings.
If something feels wrong, then it is.
My feelings are valuable! I will honor them!

******

Since I got sick I haven't been taking any photos. But I'm starting to feel antsy. Feeling much better now so it won't be long before my camera case will be swinging on my shoulder.

******

Friendship with ones self is all important,
because without it
one cannot be friends
with anyone else in the world.

 Eleanor Roosevelt


*****

"I will trust my feelings"