Thursday, February 16, 2012

Feeling worthy

I'm enjoying doing artwork more than ever!

*****

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do...It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same....” Marianne Williamson

******

 I've read this many times over the years trying to find my truth in it...she is right...I blocked my own light...had a fear of success...felt unworthy...afraid others wouldn't like me...was taught that feeling good about myself was bragging...so I felt ashamed for feeling good...I kept quiet about my achievements...let others shine brighter...but always knew my light was really bright...finally gave up living small...to live authentically...using my light to help others...encouraging them to shine...we all have GREAT potential...let's use it to make a difference in the world!

*******

Took these yesterday! It felt wonderful to have my camera case swinging on my shoulder again!

****

"I will be all that I was created to be"