Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Follow your heart


Following my heart means doing what resonates with my soul. It means being connected to my truth about life. Though I'm still learning things about myself, there are some things I know for sure.

 Solitude soothes and nourishes me. It is as necessary for me as breathing.

Creativity helps me to find more of myself and at times, has healed me.

I care deeply about people. Helping others has been my passion since I was a young girl.
My grandmother had a beautiful loving nature. She was my mentor. I wanted to be like her.

I'm a pet person. I had a little dog growing up who meant the world to me. I cherished that relationship, as I still do with my kitty today.

I am bothered by how we've taken care of our planet. I'm as guilty as anyone. Some of the changes I've made to correct it is ...I quit using chemicals in my home (cleaning, cosmetic..)...I recycle everything possible... I pick up liter...I buy my produce from growers who don't use chemicals.

I'm sad that our beaches have been polluted. When I was 15, living in West Palm Beach, I would come to Venice to visit my cousin. Going to the beach here was a treat. Now I'm reluctant to swim in the water.

I'm super passionate about self-improvement. I'm open and willing to change!

I feel gratitude even when things aren't going my way. I changed my old negative thinking. Writing a gratitude list every day helped me with it.

I love and appreciate my life...the people who share it with me...my home...my recovery program...my serenity...my clarity...my wisdom...my commitment to staying true to myself.

So enough about me! I hope I've given you some ideas. What does your heart say?

*****

Taken at Venice beach.

******

The future belongs to those
who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

~ Eleanor Roosevelt ~

*****

My friend Deb created this using her photography. I love it!

******

"I will follow my heart wherever it leads me"