Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lessons of the heart

Another new one! Love being back in my creative space!

*****

Most of us have had someone who influenced our lives in a wonderful way. 

What we might call an little angel!

That's what my grandma Cora was. An angel!

She showed me what love, compassion, kindness, integrity and patience was.

She was the person I wanted to be.

She cared about people and loved helping them.
But not in way that said "look at what I'm doing". She wasn't looking to get anything back. 
She gave purely from her heart.

Grandma believed in God.

She would drag me to church every Sunday I stayed with her.
I'd try getting out of it by forgetting to bring my church clothes. But that trick didn't work.
She made me go anyways. I went to church many times in my shorts and t-shirt.

Thank goodness for grandma's stubborn side and her wisdom.

I will always treasure the special memories I have sitting next to her on the church bench.
 I can still remember the sound of her sweet voice singing hymns.
Her voice makes me weep with gratitude!

My childhood was difficult. My parents did their best to raise us,
but neither of them knew how to be nurturing and patient.
It was my grandma who offered me comfort.
She taught me that I mattered. That I was lovable!
I thought it was my responsibility to make my parents happy.
If I could just be a better little girl, they would show me love. But they couldn't!

I'm thankful to my grandma for loving me... 
 ...for being my teacher
...for showing my a way of life that was good
...for opening my heart to God
...for teaching me values 
...for shining the light of hope.

******
Pippi is happy I'm back creating too.

*****

If you cannot find happiness along the road,
You will not find it at the end of the road.


~ Author Unknown ~



"I'm thankful for all the teachers who helped shape my life"