Friday, February 3, 2012

Pain leads to transformation

I have fun creating the background designs. On this one I used bubble wrap paper dipped in acrylic paint. I also added more circles with water soluble crayons.

******

Understandably, no one likes pain. But pain, like everything else, has a purpose. Without pain, how would we motivate ourselves to change? Often we can get stuck in old patterns of thinking and behavior. But we're not meant to stay stuck. Life is always evolving and changing, so we must too.

 Without pain, how would we learn to be compassionate? Compassion is birthed though our own trials and tribulations. That doesn't mean that we don't have the capacity to care about others, but empathy comes from being able to identify what that other person is feeling. Trying to imagine how someone feels is not the same.

If you're being challenged at this time with a situation that is painful, can you trust there is purpose in it...it is has something valuable to teach you...it will lead you to transformation?

*****

A few years ago, I went back to Michigan (where I grew up) for a visit. It had been many many years since I had been there. The whole trip was rewarding and special. These photos were taken on that trip. Here's a Michigan butterfly!

******

You may encounter many defeats,
but you must not be defeated.
In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats,
so you can know who you are,
what you can rise from,
how you can still come out of it.

~ Maya Angelou ~

******


"My pain and sorrow is welcomed as equally as my joy and peace"