Monday, February 20, 2012

Surrendering our fears


Thinking has been a survival tool...a way I coped with fear...looking for answers...analzying...thinking that if I knew the answer, I could change the situation.

It took a lot of time and energy thinking...it separated me from heart...can't be both places at the same time...moved from my head to my heart...felt more connected.

I'm a seeker...I still look for answers today, but my answers come from within...not from my thinking mind, but my intuition...that way I am free to be present to life...to let go of worry...having faith...experiencing peace.

Peace comes from surrender...nothing to figure out...just trusting the process...trusting whatever comes my way will serve me...no more awfulizing life...expecting the shoe to drop...now I expect good things...life is a miracle.

*******

This little bird was posing for me yesterday at the park by Venice beach. So cute!

*****

I have not ceased being fearful,
but I have ceased to let fear control me.
I have accepted fear as a part of life -
specifically the fear of change, the fear of the unknown;
and I have gone ahead despite the pounding in my heart that says:
turn back, turn back...
Erica Jong

******


"I surrender my fear so I may live from my heart"