Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Finding a soul mate


      I took this photo in a gift shop. This is the owner's cat, but my cat (Pippi) is the same breed. I was never a cat lover until I got my first Himalayan. And then I fell madly in love!
                                                                           
                                                                                ******

I have a couple of friends who want to find their soul mate. I remember that feeling! From the time I got my first innocent kiss at 14, I was hooked! I fell in love with being in love. And I chased that feeling most of my life. I was on a search for the perfect guy.

I would say that I was successful three times. My ex-husband, who was the father of my children (he passed away) was a good man and great father. We were together for 23 years. Although I wouldn't call him my soul mate, I had the greatest respect for him.

The second time I was successful was when I met Jack, the man I'm with today. We've been together for almost 13 years. I have the kind of relationship with him that I always wished for.

But my greatest success story was finding myself. Looking back, my ache to find a soul mate came from a woman who felt incomplete. I was empty! I wanted someone to feel the hole in me. But that wasn't possible! I first had to learn to love and accept myself.

******
******

The purpose of relationship
is not to have another who might complete you,
but to have another with whom
you might share your completeness.

~ Neale Donald Walsch ~

                                *****

  "I'm wonderful just as I am"