Friday, March 2, 2012

From blissful to crabby


I woke this morning with feelings of disappointment and even some anger. I'm usually pretty good at accepting things, but there's a particular situation right now that I don't like..I feel my resistance...it's causing me pain...but there's a stubborn part of me hanging on...so I haven't surrendered it yet...I will though...I really don't want to harm myself with unnecessary...

The situation I'm talking about is too complicated to explain, but the point is: resistance and attachments are two things that cause people to suffer.

Acceptance is the path to peace.

It's odd to watch how attached I am at the moment to wanting things my way...ughhh...
I have developed an aversion to needless pain and suffering so I'm certain this lesson will be a short one...but for the moment...I feel crabby...ick...I haven't had that feeling in a long time either...being crabby, wanting my way, not accepting...I won't justify my behavior...I'm just telling on myself...sharing my humanity.

I recently had a month of feeling blissful, but as the saying goes say "this too shall pass".

******

******
To offer no resistance to life is to be in a state of grace, ease, and lightness. This state is then no longer dependent upon things being in a certain way, good or bad.

Eckhart Tolle

******


"I will surrender my will"