Saturday, March 3, 2012

Going with the flow

Yellow is not one of my favorite colors to photograph. A yellow flower or butterfly picture doesn't usually stand out. This photo with green in it does though.

*****

Do you know that your choice of words can change an experience? For example, I removed the word "problem" from my vocabulary. The word problem implies trouble...something negative. I've replaced it with the word "situation". Instead of having problems, I have situations.

Yesterday I had two situations.

The first was my car...the air conditioning quit working...although it's winter, the weather's quite warm...which I'm grateful for...love the sunshine.

Secondly, I fell off my bike. I landed on the pavement...but thank goodness...no broken bones...just some soreness...got back on my bike.

A simple word exchange changed my feelings about these experiences. Nothing felt negative. It was just life...situations...not a big deal...no need to awfulize...just another day in beautiful Florida.

*****

FYI- I'm no longer crabby...feel happy as a clam again...surrendered my resistance yesterday.


******

“Life isn't as serious as the mind makes it out to be.”    

Eckhart Tolle

*****


"I trust life"