Thursday, March 15, 2012

Trusting this journey called "life"


******

Funny how life is forever changing. 
A rose isn't meant to stay as a bud. Nor a butterfly as a caterpillar.
Change can be uncomfortable, but being stuck is uncomfortable too.
Fighting change is useless.
Today i like change...i didn't always feel that way...i used to be afraid
...but now i'm thankful that life continued to nudge me forward when i was scared
...i needed a gentle push at times
...and because of change, I'm not the person i used to be
...nor is my life as it once was.
...i'm grateful for all the experiences i've had
...but where i'm at today is where i belong.

******


*****

Flying Off- Jennifer Belthoff
Where did she go
The girl who was me
One day she was there
Looking back at me in the mirror
Now I do not even recognize her face

Where did she travel off to
Why did she go
During her stay did she clear space for me
Opening up new possibilities
Taking with her everything I was holding onto

Has she left me new challenges to face
A different perspective of how I see
Do I go on without her
Or fight to get her back

Growing and always evolving
This is the journey life hands us
Our core remaining the same as we travel deeper on our path
Sharing our light and giving thanks
For the roads we ventured onto

and the lessons we learned along the way

******


"I am no longer afraid of change"