Sunday, April 15, 2012

Being willing to change

                                                        
******

Yesterday I saw something about myself that I'm not proud of...
I caught myself silently pointing the finger at someone...
 Wanting to place blame on them for...
That's an old behavior... it didn't feel right...
 I'm grateful to have had that moment of clarity...
To see the truth...
Awareness is the first step to change.

The old ME would be clinging to my old ways...
Digging my heels in...
Justifying my behavior...
But today I am willing to change...
To look more deeply at my character traits...
And not ignore my conscience...
My conscience is my gauge for living.

*******


*****

The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.”  
Eckhart Tolle 

*****


"To be my best self, I must be willing to change"